So from 5:20 - Now. I have been doing my first 6 Degrees show. I connected Pat Benatar to Reba McEntire. I will try to upload the recording I am making of the show, if it is any good.
Here are the bios of the artist that I read on the stations:
Pat Benatar was born January 10, 1953. She attended High School Lindenhurst High in Lindenhurst, Long Island. She graduated in 1971. She
married Neil Giralod in Hana, Maui on February 20, 1982. The couple has two kids Haley and Hana. Some of her more popular songs are
"Hit Me With Your Best Shot," and "Love Is A Battlefield." She hit the US Top 10 with the #10 single "Invincible" which was the theme
from the movie "The Legend of Billie Jean) in 1985. My personal favorite song of hers is "invincible."
Bethany Joy Lenz was born April 2, 1981. She is an American actress, musician, director, writer and producer. She is best known for her
roles of Michelle Bauer Santos on Guiding Light from 1998 to 2000 and Haley James Scott on One Tree Hill since 2003. In addition she is
recognized for her music as a solo artist and as a member of the band Everly. She has a daughter named Maria. She has recorded the duet
"When the Stars Go Blue" with Tyler Hilton and the duet "I want Something that i want" with Grace Potter. My personal favorite song of
hers is "Quicksand."
Gavin Degraw was born February 4, 1977. He is an American musician and singer-songwriter. He is best known for his songs "Chariot",
"In Love with a girl" and "I Don't Want To Be" which has been featured as the theme song for the television drama series, One Tree Hill
since 2003. My favorite song of his is "I Dont want to be".
Gladys Knight was born May 28, 1944. She is known as the Empress of Soul, an American singer-songwriter actress, businesswoman, humanitarian
and author. She is known for her songs with Gladys Knight and the Pips including the song "I heard it through the grapevine".
Kelly Clarkson was born April 24, 1982. She is an American singer, songwriter and occasional actress. She won the first season of the
television series American Idol in 2002. She is best known for her songs "Miss Independent", "Breakaway" and "Because of You."
One of my graduation songs was "Breakaway." This is definitely one of my favorites of hers.
Reba McEntire was born March 28, 1955. She is an American country music artist and actress. She began her career in the music industry as a
high school student singing in the Kiowa High School band, on local radio shows with her siblings and at rodeos. She has sometimes been
referred to as "The Queen of Country" having sold 57 million records in the United States and more that 70 million worldwide. In the United
states, she ranks as both the seventh best-selling female artist in all genres and the seventh best-selling country artist. She is the
best-selling female country artist of all time. Some of her most popular songs are "I'm a survivor", "Somebody", "My Sister", "Fancy",
and "Is there life out there". All of which I love, I do not think I know any song of hers that I dislike.
Here are the connections I used to do my 6 Degrees:
Pat Benatar did a song titled "We Belong" that Bethany Joy Lenz covered with her band Everly.
Bethany Joy Lenz worked on One Tree Hill with Gavin Degraw, as well as the two toured together for the One Tree Hill Tour.
Gavin Degraw is on Dancing With The Stars with Gladys Knight.
Gladys Knight was on the May 2007 American Idol with Kelly Clarkson.
Kelly Clarkson made a duet of Because of You with Reba McEntire.
Trivia about the artists:
Pat Benatar is ranked #39 on VH1's 100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll according to IMDB. She was in an episode of the series Charmed titled "Lucky Charmed" according to IMDB.
Bethany Joy Lenz has done commercials for Eggo Waffles, Dr. Pepper & Swan's Crossing Dolls according to TV.com. She starred in british boy band 5ive's pop video "When the lights go out." As well as was in an episode of the series Charmed titled "A Knight to Remember" according to IMDB.
Gavin Degraw's trademark is that he is always seen wearing a hat, but most often a beanie. He says it covers his hair, which he cuts with a pocketknife according to TV.com.
Gladys Knight is ranked #18 on VH1's 100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll and was inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame as a member of Gladys Knight & the Pips in 1996, according to TV.com
Kelly Clarkson's favorite teams are the Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks, Texas Rangers, Boston Celtics, and Boston Red Sox. She has 12 tattoos and is a huge fan of the twilight series according to TV.com.
Reba McEntire was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame on May 22nd 2011. Her idol Dolly Parton inducted her. While in Oklahoma Reba attended school with Garth Brooks. She attended Southeastern Oklahoma State University. She graduated with a bachelor's degree in December of 1976. She majored in Elementary Education and minored in Music.
This was a fun show to do and I look forward to doing my next one. Keep an eye out for when it will air and to see if I upload the recording of today's show. Thanks again ART Shuffle listeners.
No comments:
Post a Comment