Thursday, April 5, 2012

Unexpected Hiatus & New Things

Hey there listeners


I am so sorry for the past three days of quiet. I am going to talk to a friend of mine about doing shows for me as well as putting the software necessary on my laptop so that when I am out of town you aren't blacked out on the radio station.

But the hiatus wasn't without a few good things. I was able to get some new music as well as come up with a few special shows I'd like to try to implement. I alluded to this at last update but now I've had time to think them through and get some firm plans up. I am going to try to have my first special show tomorrow (4-6-12) in fact.

The plans are a "In Remembrance" that is scheduled for April 20th. To make you understand that show here is some background information. On April 20th 2005 I lost my Papa who was like a father to me growing up since my bio dad was in prison, my mom's second husband was never any type of father to me. My mom's third husband is who I call my dad but he didn't come into the picture until my sophomore year of high school. I was a senior when my Papa passed away. I learned how to be respectful from him and have manners. He is so special in my heart. This April 20th it will have been 7 years since he passed away. I want to do a tribute show to him. It will feature stories of him as well as music that reminds me of him and the lessons he taught me. I have a tattoo in honor of him as well as pictures of him that are the first thing I hang up anytime I move. So I hope my listeners can embrace this special show.

Next I have plans for a 6 degrees of separation show. I got the idea a few years ago when I worked at my college station. It involves the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon idea. I will connect 2 musicians and then give trivia about them as well as play their music as I connect them. This will involve using 5-6 connections one musician to the next until we connect the first 2 the last so that the show isn't a quick 20 minute show. I have wanted to do this for awhile and I hope my listeners enjoy this.

Next I will do a show called Movie Review. In this show I will review new movies I have seen. They won't always be new releases but something new to me that I want my listeners to check out. To keep music playing I will have songs from the movies play in between when you are listening to me. This will be a work in progress of how much I am able to see so it may not be weekly or even monthly.

Next I will be doing a show called Saturday's TV week review. This will encompass a review of the show's I watch weekly. It will obviously be a Saturday show. It will not air until a few Saturday's as I will be out of town this Saturday. This again will not always be weekly depending on the TV schedule and how my shows are airing.

I have a tentative plan for a Puma Pro filer. It is to get publicity for my friends website Pocket Puma Pets. The plan is to interview players on while the joined and do a different player every week. I will ask who their favorite pumas are and even tell you who mine are of theirs. It is tentative until I pass it by the creator of the site.

Next will be a Q&A DJ. Basically I will be answering any question my listeners have as well as telling a little about myself. I will also be sharing some of my favorite songs. So if you want to ask me anything just comment here and I will get ready for my first show of Q&A DJ.

Another tentative plan is for a Cross Talk/Democrat versus Republican. This is tentative until I can find two people who want to represent each side. I have people in mind so I'll let you know if this is a go or not soon.

Another tentative plan I have is for YouTube subscribers. It is a lot like Puma Pro filer but it is tentative until I see if any of the great video makers I subscribe to would be interested if not then it would not feature any Q&A with them just info about them that can be found on their YouTube page.

The last plan I have is for Movie Soundtrax. This will feature songs from movies. I will let you know what movies and actors there are for each song played as well as the artist and a little background.

I hope that these interest you. I look forward to implementing them as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience listeners. I love having a station just for you to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment